The next club meeting will be on Sunday July 31st at 2:00 PM at the home of club member Brian Farrell.
Brian has already sent directions via the club listserv. If you need directions, please send an email to pmm@portlandmashingmaineiacs, and one of us will forward them to you.
As always, bring a beer glass and some homebrew or commercial beer to share, or just come by to socialize and talk about beer and brewing. I’ll be bringing some Dunkelweizen from the March 2011 club brew day.
Possible agenda items:
– Oktoberfest brew for club-only or local competition this Fall?
– Club day trip on Aug 27, 2011. If interested, please add your name to the signup sheet. We are try to gauge interest and transportation requirements. Gregg C. checking into transportation.
Tentative itinerary for Aug 27th:
10:30-11am- meet for homebrew toast and leave Portland (or other agreed upon meeting place)
11:30-1pm Lunch at Lion’s Pride in Brunswick
2:30-3:30 Tour and tasting at Oak Pond Brewing in Skowhegan
5:00-7:00 Dinner at Marshall Wharf in Belfast
9:30-Last call at Great Lost Bear in Portland
– AHA Rally at Allagash on Aug 24th at 5:30 PM (Charlie Papazian will be there.)
– Other Ideas for another annual club event (i.e., in addition to annual brew day and club-only Oktoberfest competition).
– Suggestions for club website content.
– Other thoughts welcome.
I hope everyone has either already brewed their Oktoberfest bier or will be brewing it soon.
See you Maineiacs at the meeting!
– Chuck Warner