February Meeting Notes
– Meeting was held 2/27/11 at Chuck Warner’s house. We bottled two batches of the High Gravity Brew from Feb 2010 club brew day. The kitchen ceiling will never be the same again!!
– Malt Order –
Since the meeting, decision was made to order from North Country Malt Supply: http://www.countrymaltgroup.com/.
Greg Norton created a signup sheet at following link: http://bit.ly/fMr0mp. Click edit and enter your info in the spreadsheet.
Please sign up for only full bags (55 lbs.) If you want less than that amount, go ahead and fill in the spreadsheet and try to find someone willing to split a bag with you. Andy Souza or Chuck Warner will place the order after the next club meeting and receipt of payment in full in advance (at next meeting).
Nathan Sanborn of Rising Tide Brewing (http://www.risingtidebrewing.com/) has kindly volunteered to accept the malt delivery from North Country, and we will arrange a couple of dates/times for pickup. If you are splitting a sack of grain with someone, you will need to make arrangements to split the malt after pickup.
– Did not get around to discussing possible recipes for everyone to brew individually and bring to a meeting for comparison. Will discuss at future meeting. It is not too early to start thinking about brewing your Oktoberfest / Marzen for the 2nd annual club competition in October.
– Possible joint event with the German Club in September or October (Andy
– Club Website – We are still working on it, but making some progress. Your input is welcome! If you have suggestions for the site, please feel free to email the club distribution or post a comment.
– Next Meeting – Club Brew Day – Sunday March 27th, 2011 at Andy Souza’s place. If you would like to help out with the brewing, we will being starting at 10:00 AM. Otherwise, feel free to come by at 2:00 PM, the normal meeting time. We will brew two 10-gallon batches: a Czech Pilsner and a Dark Wheat Ale – both meant to be great for summertime quaffing. Logistical details to follow via email.