The next meeting will be on Sunday Feb 26th at 2:00 PM at Chris Falk’s house. Look for an email with address and/or directions as the meeting gets closer.
As usual, bring some homebrew or commercial beer to share and a glass, or just come to socialize and talk about beer and brewing.
Notes from previous meeting / Agenda for next meeting:
– Next club brew day is planned for March 25th at Andy Souza’s place, starting around 10:00 AM and continuing well into the afternoon. Chuck and Andy will be brewing Oktoberfest biers. Suggest others brew an Oktoberfest as well so that we have a variety to sample / judge in the Fall. All are welcome to show up at your leisure to help with or observe the brewing. Let’s discuss details and who will be brewing at next meeting.
– Club-Only Competition planned for April or May. Andy Souza to register the event with BJCP and possibly host the meeting. The competition will be official but small to provide our club’s BJCP judges (Andy and Gregg) and other members with some additional judging experience. All styles are welcome – basically whatever homebrew you have on-hand, in bottles, and would like to enter – is fine. This is a great opportunity to get some written feedback on your beer. To enter the competition, please get your entries (1-2 bottles per entry) to Chuck Warner no later than date TBA. More details to follow.
– Possible club-sponsored competition in conjunction with Portland Brew Festival in September 2012.
– Trip to Valley Malt in Hadley, MA sometime next summer. Any interest in making an overnight pilgrimage to check out Valley Malt and surrounding breweries or brewpubs?
– Other suggestions welcome for agenda